July 09, 2007
To all PSITE Region XI Institutional Members:
An invitation to become a JEDI Member and attend a JEDI Teacher/ Trainer Training:
Sun Microsystems, Philippines, Inc. with its partner UP-JRDC and in cooperation with PSITE are proud to present JEDi ( Java Education & Development Initiative) .
JEDI is a collaborative project that aims to make high-quality, industry-endorsed IT and Computer Science material available for free to Universities and Colleges in the Philippines. The course material is developed with inputs from industry and conforms to international education standards and requirements of the Commission on Higher Education ( CHED).
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A JEDI MEMBER
· Free access to the courseware and resources for teaching a whole suite of subjects in the Cs and IT curriculums such as teaching slides, teacher and student manuals, sample exercises/exams and various reference materials.
· Free software such as Netbeans, J2SE and various development tools and platforms that are used for illustration and actual hands-on exercises, lab work and research work
· Access to the java.net online community collaborating on JEDI
· Access to a JEDI helpdesk to assist the teachers in using the course materials
· Participation in various JEDI events for students and faculty such as competitions, symposia and other for a
· Opportunity to undergo JEDI TEACHER TRAINING
To those interested, kindly process your application and send it to Dr. Randy S. Gamboa (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send it via email to email@example.com
You may visit the website http://jediproject.net
Thank you and God bless.
Hazel Marie C. Cainglet
JEDI Marketing Coordinator
Sun Microsystems, Phils. Inc.
32flr, Philam Life Tower
Paseo de Roxas
Tel: +632-885-7867 loc 322
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
July 09, 2007